Team India Schedule 2023: Complete list of ODI, Test, and T20I Series, fixtures in 2023. The men in blue, even after a convincing year in 2022, ended with disastrous performances in all major platforms like the 2022 Asian Cup and World Cup T20 2022. These were the first two major international competitions after Rohit Sharma was appointed as full-time captain of India but he failed miserably as captain.
Despite these disappointing losses, some bright spots showed great signs of future instinct in the Indian team. SKY had a dream year, especially in T20I, and Hardik is back in the Indian squad. This year, India even witnessed some new sparks like Arshdeep Singh in the bowling department in the absence of Jasprit Bumrah.
However, India will try not only to play the best possible game this year but also to regain lost honors in the longer limited formats of the 50-50 Asia Cup and the ICC Cricket World Cup.
This would be a very important year for Rohit and his men as they prepare not only for the World Cup later this year but also for the upcoming T20 World Cup and the final of the 2021-23 World Test Championship (WTC) this year, who is required to qualify?
Team India Schedule 2023
Sri Lanka Tour Of India
- 3 January | 7 PM – First T20I, Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
- 5 January | 7 PM – Second T20I, MCA Stadium, Pune
- 7 January | 7 PM – Third T20I, SCA Stadium, Rajkot
- 10 January | 1.30 PM – First ODI, Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati
- 12 January | 1.30 PM – Second ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata
- 15 January | 1.30 PM – Three ODIs, Greenfield International Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram
New Zealand Tour Of India
- 18 January | 2 PM – First ODI, Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad
- 21 January | 2 PM – Second ODI, Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Stadium, Raipur
- 24 January | 2 PM – Third ODI, Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore
- 27 January | 7 PM – First T20I, JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi
- 29 January | 7 PM – Second T20I, Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow
- 1 February | 7 PM – Third T20I, Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
Australia Tour Of India
- 9 -13 February | 9.30 AM – First Test, VCA Stadium, Nagpur
- 17 – 21 February | 9.30 AM – Second Test, Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
- 1 – 5 March | 9.30 a.m. – HPCA Stadium, Dharamsala – Third Test
- 9-13 March | 9.30 a.m.-Fourth Test at Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad
- 17 March | 2 PM – First ODI, Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
- 19 March | 2 PM –Second ODI, VDCA Cricket Stadium, Vishakhapatnam
- 22 March | 2 PM – Third ODI, MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
TATA IPL 2023 – April – June
The final schedule of IPL 2023 is yet to be announced by the BCCI
World Test Championship – 2021-23 – June 2023
The coming year will be extremely busy not only for Team India but for all cricketing nations. All other countries are very keen to tour India to boost their training in Indian fields ahead of the 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup which will be hosted by India.
India vs West Indies (July – August 2023)
After the culmination of IPL 2023, in July and August, the Indian team will participate in their first away series. Like last year, India is touring the West Indies. It will be a long tour, with India playing 2 Test, 3 ODI, and 3 T20I matches against the Caribbeans. A second-tier Indian cricket team will most likely take part in the tour, with key players resting and preparing for the upcoming Asian Cup. BCCI has not yet revealed the itinerary of the West Indies Tour of India.
Asia Cup (September 2023)
In the following September, Team India will participate in the Asian Cup 2023. India will face their arch-rival Pakistan in their first match. The Asian Cup will most likely be hosted by Pakistan and will be held in the 50+ format. The tournament will see each team play two matches in the group stage before the qualified teams advance to the Super Four, where the four teams play each other. The ODI matches will act as a brilliant form of preparation for the Asian teams ahead of the ICC Cricket World Cup.
India vs Australia (September-December 2023)
Just like last year, Australia will tour India just before the World Cup. It will serve as good practice for the upcoming 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup to be held in India. Both teams play 3 ODI matches, a few days before the quadrennial tournament. After the end of the tournament, the Australian team will remain on the Indian coast and continue their tour. India will play five T20I matches against Australia in December and then move on to the next series.
ICC Cricket World Cup (October-November 2023)
The ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 will take place on the subcontinent from October 26 to November 26. A total of ten teams will participate in the tournament, with 7 qualified through the 2020-23 ICC Cricket World Cup Super League, 2 from the 2023 Cricket World Cup Qualifier, and India having already qualified as the host nation. The tournament takes place in a round-robin format, with all teams playing against each other on the group stage. India enters the World Cup as a favorite and has a home advantage. They will try to repeat history and achieve the glory they achieved in the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup.
At the end of the year, India will tour South Africa for 2 Tests, 3 ODIs, and 3 T20I matches. From December, the tour will run through the first month of 2024.